Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oh, But It Is

Today was painfully slow. We did a total of around 38 transactions. I mean, I can't complain because I got to eat omelettes and chips and listen to music all day. However, it is a little mind-numbing when you come across an average of 6 & 1/3 of a person each hour. To add to that, it was absolutely freezing. I had the heater going full blast and spent half the day attached to the bun warmer.

I had quite the encounter today though (even with only 38 people). I mean, the man actually didn't even count towards that number. So here it goes ...

A man steps up to the counter and I am secretly excited. He orders three drinks (all bottled) and my co-worker punches it into the machine. I noticed she charged him for a large instead of a small and when she tells him the price and he says "no way" I quickly go to fix it. I then tell him the total (I believe it came to about $8.65). He then proceeds to say that it shouldn't cost that much. I explain that each of our bottled drinks costs $2.95 and he responds with "OH, NO THEY DON'T". He then walks away exclaiming that he will not pay that much for a drink.

But sir, they do cost that much.

Just because you are not purchasing them does not mean that the price will suddenly drop. You can't bargain at a concession stand. Besides, we don't set the prices, the city of Vancouver does. I wish they were cheaper too. I think it is ridiculous as well, but you could have also kindly declined.

It's sad that we get blamed for the incredibly unreasonable prices. I mean, you're at the beach - what did you expect?

Signing out,
vrroom

No comments:

Post a Comment